Build healthy relationship habits and communication skills for an enduring partnership.
Becoming engaged is an exciting time as you and your partner start preparing for a life together.
You’re ready to commit to each other and a future.
Yet, the pressure and stress of planning a wedding, figuring out how to merge your two lives into a cohesive unit, and learning to live together can be challenging.
Sometimes, couples can end up feeling a bit lost or question whether their relationship will last.
Fortunately, you can start your lifelong relationship on solid ground with the help of an experienced couples therapist.
Explore your relationship, communication styles, and goals together with premarital counseling.
You and your partner are committing to each other and a lifelong relationship. You can avoid relationship issues later by taking time now to develop clear, healthy communication patterns.
Premarital counseling can help you:
- Learn how to talk to each other openly and honestly about your feelings, thoughts, and beliefs
- Discover and discuss your expectations for a lifelong commitment
- Deepen the bond between you and your partner
- Learn effective strategies to navigate conflicts and challenges
- Cultivate a safe and nurturing space where you can grow together, even as your goals and ideals evolve
Throughout the counseling process, you’ll gain invaluable insights into each other’s perspectives and problem-solving approaches. With this newfound clarity and understanding, you’ll have the tools to nurture a lasting and fulfilling marriage.
Our couples therapists can help you create a strong foundation for your relationship.
Our Houston therapists provide you and your partner with a safe, judgment-free space to explore your thoughts, feelings, and expectations about your relationship and future.
During premarital counseling sessions, you’ll work together to:
- Establish healthy boundaries that foster mutual respect and growth
- Cultivate effective and clear communication styles that promote understanding
- Strengthen trust and connection, deepening your emotional intimacy
- Learn practical conflict-resolution skills to address concerns and uncertainties
- Uncover your relationship goals and work through any challenges together
By investing in your relationship now, you’re proactively setting the stage for a loving and enduring partnership. Take advantage of our evidence-based approach to premarital counseling, and embrace the journey towards a joy-filled and lifelong union.
What will you get?
- Texas Certifed Premarital Counseling (8 hours)
- A Couples assessment that will help the therapist focus on your strengths and needs as a couple
- A Workbook to help build your tools
- Working with a highly trained Couples therapist
Feel confident about the foundation of your relationship with premarital counseling.
Unload It Therapy’s expert counselors can help you and your partner take the next step toward a stronger, lasting relationship.
We currently offer in-person therapy in Houston, and virtual therapy throughout the states of Texas.
From the Unload It Therapy Blog
Learn more about strengthening your relationships, building healthy communication skills, the importance of gender-affirming and culturally sensitive therapy, and more.
There are so many things couples can gain from premarital counseling. It’s a fantastic way for...
Getting married is a major step in any couple’s life—no one can deny that. But, marriage itself...
The months leading up to your wedding can be one of the most exciting times of your life. But,...